BMLL launches intuitive no-code data visualisation tool for US and European equities and ETFs
BMLL Vantage brings data science and quant analytics capabilities to all market participants
- BMLL Vantage gives market participants access to the most granular Level 3 order book data and analytics to understand market behaviour without the need to code
- Easy access to the powerful product gives users the ability to create analytics visualisations from full depth order book data
- Collaborative functionality enables analysis to be shared between teams, or exported to clients, enabling better and more rapid decision making
London 6 October 2022:
BMLL, the leading, independent provider of harmonised, historical data and analytics today launched BMLL Vantage, an intuitive no-code data and analytics visual application for US and European equities and ETFs. BMLL Vantage offers a broad range of market participants, including sales traders, analysts, quants, Exchanges and ETF issuers, access to the most granular Level 3 order book data and analytics to understand market behaviour without the need to code.
BMLL has an established track record in making Level 3 historical data and analytics available to the world’s most sophisticated capital markets participants, including banks, brokers, asset managers, hedge funds, global exchange groups and academic institutions. BMLL removes the need for costly data engineering by delivering high-quality granular market data in a scalable data science environment to market participants, empowering researchers and quants to carry out the necessary analysis to truly understand how markets behave..
In response to the increasing industry-wide demand for quant resources, BMLL Vantage further democratises access to Level 3 order book data and analytics by removing the need to code in order to derive meaningful insights.
BMLL Vantage is a highly intuitive data and analytics visualisation tool that makes quant insight available to a broader user base while freeing quants’ time to focus on deeper research.
BMLL Vantage users include:
- Sales traders who need to understand market fragmentation, liquidity profiles and how different trading mechanisms impact available liquidity
- Exchange analysts who need to understand how their venue compares to their peers, analyse daily market share moves and liquidity profiles, spreads, order resting times and fill probabilities
- ETF issuers who need to understand how their products are competing across different markets; gain a quick and easy view across all markets. They are able to condense data into a series of plots they can use to make more informed data-driven decisions
- Quant researchers who need to derive valuable insights rapidly. They are empowered with a flexible exploratory tool that allows them to spot trends before using the BMLL Data Feed or the BMLL Data Lab to run queries on the relevant underlying data
Paul Humphrey, Chief Executive Officer, BMLL, said: “BMLL Vantage is an out-of-the-box data science and visualisation tool which continues our mission of democratising access to the most granular Level 3 market data and analytics. This has typically been the preserve of only the most sophisticated quantitative firms. BMLL Vantage goes one step further: it provides the quantitative research that previously only quants could do, giving the non-technical user insights that would otherwise require a quant resource”.
With a few clicks, users can look at daily, monthly or annually aggregated data sets and correlations between them; compare how stocks performed on different markets; and sort and explore the data via simple and easy-to-use dashboards without requiring a quant analyst, data science or cloud computing resource.
Dr Elliot Banks, Chief Product Officer, BMLL added: “With BMLL Vantage we are empowering all market participants with a no-code data analytics visualisation tool that is intuitive, easy-to-use, and seamlessly integrates into existing workflows.”
He added: “BMLL Vantage enables users to access and share granular insights to make better informed decisions across their organisation. Users can easily construct a ‘market view’, come back to run the same analysis on a daily basis, share that view across the team with its built-in collaboration functionality and even export plots and data for further analysis”.
A web-based platform, BMLL Vantage is UI driven, easily accessible via APIs and has been specifically designed to deliver exceptional analytics with focus on the user experience.
BMLL Vantage provides all market practitioners with complete market transparency across the BMLL Equities and ETF universe from over 65 execution venues and covering 485 metrics that are categorised in 14 groups (auction analysis; volatility; execution market impact; trade quality; trade prices; liquidation cost; OHLC bars; depth liquidity; spread; liquidity classification; venue price quality; order placement statistics; order fill behaviour; and liquidity around BBO).
Sybille Mueller, Carmen Rey - Streets Consulting
Telephone: 020 7959 2235
About BMLL Technologies
BMLL Technologies is the leading, independent provider of harmonised, Level 3 historical data and analytics to the world’s most sophisticated capital market participants.
BMLL offers banks, brokers, asset managers, hedge funds and global exchange groups immediate and flexible access to the most granular Level 3, T+1 order book data and advanced analytics, enabling them to accelerate research, optimise trading strategies and generate alpha at unparalleled speed and scale.
Founded in 2014 in the machine learning laboratories of the University of Cambridge, the platform enables researchers and quants across global financial services firms to apply complex statistical techniques to BMLL’s unique big-data sets with applications such as market impact, pre and post trade analytics, order book simulation and compliance. Users no longer need to buy, curate and harmonise data. With BMLL, they gain cost-effective, instant access to a cloud-native Data Science environment via a single web portal, with a long history of the most granular, full order book data across global equities, futures and ETFs for back-testing and simulation, delivered directly into their workflows.